Career Opportunities: Chicago, Illinois – U.S.
An experienced operator who operates one or more CNC Lathes.
This position will assist the Manufacturing Engineering team in a variety of tasks to gain valuable experience in the Engineering function.
Maintains, installs, repairs and troubleshoots electrical systems within the plant and plant equipment
Brown & Sharpe Hexagon CMM Programming and Operation using PC-DMIS CAD++
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Program & operate CMM for complex housings and machined components using PC-DMIS 2016 & Quindos Gear Measurement software via Blueprint or CAD data.
- Capable of performing physical layouts on components using standard inspection equipment such as bore gages, height gages, micrometers, etc.
- Responsible for receiving, in-process, 1st piece, PPAP and any other required inspections
- Responsible for assisting and working with all departments to assure quality of product.
- Coordinate with engineering to ensure programs are available for upcoming products.
- Maintain the daily, weekly and monthly calibrations and document findings.
- Maintain all proper documentation requirements.
- Assist in periodic audits including but not limited to customer audits, ISO audits, etc.
- Train and support Quality Assurance personnel
- Perform other related duties as required
Support the proper thermal treatment of product through all process operations
Essential Job Duties
- Assure equipment and process capability through appropriate testing or primary and secondary operations
- Perform assigned metallurgical analysis
- Preform and report in process inspections to validate product quality compliance
- Completes required documentation.
- Support problem solving and process adjustments
- Performs other duties as required
- Adheres to company Environmental, Health and Safety Rules