Integrated electric powertrain systems for on-highway vehicles
AxleTech designs, engineers, and manufactures powertrain systems for everything Between the Wheels™. We provide integrated solutions for on-highway electric vehicles, including Class 6,7, and 8 trucks, as well as transit applications. Our solutions deliver best-in-class packaging, performance, and efficiency. Our strategic partnerships with key industry leaders have led to the development of groundbreaking custom, fully-integrated electric powertrain systems.
- Integrated e-motors into the complete system
- Near wheel motor and multi-speed gearboxes
- Quiet helical wheel ends optimized for regenerative braking
- Complete high voltage power electronics - including electric motor gearbox controllers
- ABS compatible with multiple brake solutions for assistance with packaging hurdles
- Planetary wheel end gear technology reduces upstream torque requirements up to 5 times
Systems Engineering Approach
Our systems engineering approach of full system integration is leading the introduction of electrification in commercial trucks and specialty vehicles. AxleTech Electric Vehicle Systems provide built-in reliability, reduced cost, and higher efficiency.
Solid Axle Replacement
- Multiple motor options depending on application
- Systems designed for optimal efficiency that greatly reduce typical driveline losses
- Transit axle systems designed as direct replacement for a traditional air spring suspension
- Suspension integration and thermal management system
- Electric Wheel End
- Designed for electric drivetrain systems.