The AxleTech PSC826 series planetary steer axle is engineered to meet the increasing powerful demands of the heavy duty rough terrain crane and various off highway market vocations. With an axle capacity range up to 37,000 lb (16,800 kg) in mobile cranes, this axle covers a broad range of demanding vocational applications including snow blowers, specialty construction vehicles, and off highway exploration, among other common usages.
The PSC826 planetary steer axle series offer a wide selection of overall gear reduction options; load capacities and multiple tracks that can be tailored to your specific needs.
Engineered for compatibility with demanding traction conditions, the PSC826 meets the trend of increased driveline torque, tire sizes, and loading requirements that provide an extra ruggedness for prolonged life. DCDL (driver-controlled differential lock) and NoSPIN® differential options are also available for improved traction vocational requirements.
The PSC826 design helps reduce maintenance costs. A standard input pinion unitized seal reduces the likelihood of oil leaks. Permanently lubricated steering axle shafts are standard; eliminating this maintenance requirement. Extra axle housing magnets are optional to help reduce any metallic contamination between scheduled lubricant change intervals. Wheel mounted single caliper, 4 piston per wheel end hydraulic dry disc brakes. Carrier input pinion mounted park brake option is also available.
- 37,000 lb / 16,800 kg
- Cast, high-strength ductile iron
- Flange to flange
- 84.86 in / 2,155 mm or 100.74 in / 2,559 mm
- Open, with driver-controlled lock (DCDL), or NoSPIN®
- Final ratio
- 12.40, 13.61, 14.47, 15.79, 16.52, 17.41, 18.35, 19.59, 20.65, 21.71, 22.39, 23.60, 24.81, 26.02, 28.94, or 30.35
- Maximum steer angle
- Hydraulic disc, s-cam, or none
- Wheel mounting
- 16.63 in / 422 mm
- Minimum wheel size
- 24 in / 610 mm
- Typical axle weight
- 2,000 lb / 907 kg for 84.86 in / 2,155 mm flange to flange and hydraulic disc brakes
- Typical oil capacity
- 44 pt / 20.8 L at carrier and 6.5 pt / 3.1 L at each wheel end