The AxleTech SPRW1736 series tandem planetary rigid axles are engineered to meet the extra toughness demanded by today's demanding OEM environment. When you couple rough terrain with heavy loads and adverse weather conditions, you need the strength and support of AxleTech International's planetary tandem axles. The SPRW1736 has the capability to meet the most severe vocational duty cycles, at high and low speeds, and provide productivity uptime that converts directly to the end-user productivity.
Log haulers, truck cranes, heavy equipment transporters, and special purpose vehicles work in some of the most grueling environments in the world. AxleTech tandem planetary axles are designed with these conditions in mind. The SPRW1736 has capability of up to 500,000 lb (226,800 kg) in gross combination weights (GCW) dependent upon specific vocational duty cycle requirements. A balanced gearing design puts more power at the wheel ends. This reduces torque and stress on axle shafts and carrier/differential gearing, directly contributing to longer component life and reduced maintenance costs.
- 85,000 lb / 38,600 kg
- 500,000 lb / 226,796 kg
- Standard or high traction
- Final Ratio
- 7.35, 8.73, 9.58, 10.18, 11.10, 11.62, 12.25, 12.91, 13.78, 14.52, 15.27, 15.75, 16.60, 17.45, 18.30, 20.36, or 21.35
- S-cam, 20.25 in x 7.00 in / 514 mm x 178 mm with manual slack adjusters
- 85 in / 2159 mm or 90 in / 2286 mm
- Wheel mounting
- Hub piloted, 12 studs, 16.63 in / 422 mm bolt circle
- Minimum wheel size
- 24 in / 610 mm