XTL® Wheel End
Tire consumption is one of the largest operating costs in container handling. AxleTech’s patented XTL wheel end technology is proven to dramatically reduce tire operating costs by extending the life of the tire. The XTL patented dual tire wheel end allows independent rotation of wheels during a turn, thereby minimizing tire scrub, which is the main cause of tire wear.
The XTL wheel end utilizes proven AxleTech differential technology in a self contained wheel end module integrated with existing AxleTech axle components. Axles with the XTL wheel end utilize 80% of the same components as current AxleTech axles.
- Extends drive axle tire life up to 3 times
- Extends steer axle tire life up to 1.5 times
- Eliminates the need for tire rotation
- Improves vehicle maneuverability
All of these benefits contribute to reduced vehicle downtime and improvement in transport efficiency. Other benefits include:
- Reduced tire use lessens environmental impact
- Reduced damage to yard surface
- Tighter turning radius
- Tire operating cost reduction up to 60%
- Field proven technology and components
- Simplified parts and stocking
- Servicing without additional disassembly